Sunday, January 15, 2012

Greyhound for Life

I know most of the girls have heard me say that I will be a "Greyhound for life." Most people assume I say this because I am going to be studying at UIndy for three more years, but the true meaning is actually much different.

For the past four years, I have had the privilege to put on a jersey every Friday and Sunday in fall. I didn't always take the field with the same girls, under the same leadership, or against the same opponent, but one thing ALWAYS remained the same: the UIndy logo on the front of my chest. A lot of people do not understand what comes with wearing this jersey: "blood, sweat, and tears," (if you know me well, this saying was a literal description of my career haha), pride, sacrifice, determination, heartbreak, joy, perseverance, and celebration ... along with epic rap battles, dancing, and pranks. Wearing this jersey has forever united me with the women who have previously worn the uniform and all of the future Greyhounds who will. Wearing the uniform was more than being apart of a team. It made me apart of a family. My teammates and my coaches will forever be in my heart, and that is why my fellow seniors and I are truly "Greyhounds for life."

Tomorrow, this blog will officially change hands to 2 underclassmen near and dear to my heart, Abby and Kait, and more importantly, the 2012 Greyhounds will start their off season training. My fellow seniors and I wish this amazing group of ladies the best of luck in the future.

It has been a pleasure blogging for you Hound Pound Nation! I'll see you in the stands this spring!

With all my love,
lib

No comments:

Post a Comment